My favorite way to make espresso

I am a big fan of the aeropress, it is a different brewing method for coffee/espresso. The aeropress contains several parts. A filter cap is either where a paper filter, that is made specific to fit the size of the aeropress, can be placed or where a replaceable filter will go (**Make sure the replaceable filter has the correct side up). The chamber is what the filter cap twists onto and is where the coffee grounds and water will be put. A plunger with a seal attached to it will be forced down the chamber to push the water through the filter. The filter has to be there so no grounds end up in the final product. A funnel is an important kitchen utensil that will make transferring the grounds and water into the chamber easier and less messy. A stirrer is important to have to mix the grounds and water in the chamber before inserting the plunger. This will get rid of air bubbles so more water can be added and it allows the mixture to be more evenly concentrated. It is extremely easy to use and takes little to no time. You will want to bring your water till about boiling. While my water is heating, I ground the beans I want to use. The aeropress I have has a filter built into the filter cap, so after I attach that to the chamber I use a funnel and pour my grounds in. Once my water is ready I pour it into the change and mix it. Then I normally pour more water since the level of the mixture lowers. I let that sit for about 3 minutes and push the plunger down the chamber until I can’t anymore.  There is a sound the last bit of water and air will produce to also let you know when to stop. Now your espresso is ready. The filter cap can be removed to dump the grounds. Some aeropresses start to drain immediately and there are two ways I know how to fix this. One is the beans can be grinded more coarse. The other method is inversing the aeropress. The filter cap will not be put on the chamber right away. The plunger will be set upside down on the table, so the seal is facing the ceiling. The chamber will be put on that upside down and only far enough down so it holds up on its own. The grounds and water will be put into the chamber and mixed. Once ready the filter cap with filter can be screwed onto the camber. The aeropress will then need to be flipped to the right/ normal side up on top of the mug. The plunger can then be pressed like normal. It makes some of the best espresso in my opinion. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Places around the world I have gotten coffee from!

Differences between hot and iced coffees